Heart Bay Lodges is a small, family-run business, located on a quiet country road along the northwest shore of Lake George. Most people who summer in Heart Bay have been coming for generations. Our property provides an excellent place for a romantic stay or a relaxing retreat, but it is especially good for families and children. All of our rentals are separate, fully furnished cottages or houses.
- Smoking: All accommodations are Smoke Free.
- Pets: Though we love animals, we do not allow pets. Should you need it, we are happy to arrange boarding for your pet.
- Booking Deposits and Payment: Heart Bay Lodges requires a deposit of $500.00 to book and hold a reservation. The balance is due, in check or cash, upon arrival.
- Contracts: A signed contract will be mailed to you and must be returned with your deposit.
- Security deposit: A security deposit/damage fee is required. If the lodge is left in good condition, the amount will be fully refunded. Security deposit amounts are 30% of a one-week rental. The security deposit must be presented upon arrival in a check separate from the balance due. Please let us know if anything isn’t working or gets broken, so we can make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit is nonrefundable unless facility can be re-rented for the entire length of the reservation.
- Cleaning fees: Cleaning fees are included in your rental price. However, if the rental is left in an unusually dirty condition, a cleaning fee of $100 will be withheld from your security deposit to pay for additional cleaning time. Over the years, most of our quests have left the rentals in good order, and we trust you will do the same.
- Occupancy: Each rental has a maximum occupancy. An extra person fee will be charged $50 per night. Additional guests must be approved prior to arrival.
- Check In time: 3:00 p.m. – Check Out time: 10:00 a.m. sharp!
- Late checkouts without approval are subject to additional fees.
- Rental Minimums: During the summer rental season, we rent by the week only. However, 3 night stays are sometimes available. Please Inquire.
- Rates: Prices vary according to season and length of stay. Please check our website for prices. If you are interested in a long-term rental, please contact us to discuss rates and terms.
- Move in Days: Most of our lodges rent from Saturday to Saturday—but please note the day your lodge rental opens, as a few of our lodges rent from Friday to Friday.
- Amenities: All lodges have fully furnished kitchens, linens, towels, TV and telephones. Some cottages have Internet. Cell service is not reliable as we are between mountains. Please note: While most of our lodges have dishwashers and washer/dryers, some of our older, less expensive cottages do not provide these amenities.
- Charcoal grills are provided for each lodge.
- Dock Space is provided free of charge.
- Lodges have fire pits for summer campfires. Some lodges have fireplaces or wood stoves. If you are not familiar with how to safely use a wood stove or fireplace, please speak with us before using.
- Please note that all water sports such as swimming and boating, incur some risks. Heart Bay Lodges is not responsible for injuries or deaths resulting from a person’s choice to engage in them.
- Should you have any other needs or considerations/concerns, please let us know. We want your stay to be pleasant, stress free and fun!
Please contact Sue Cook Hill for any questions or concerns.