Heart Bay Lodges is a small, family-run business, located on a quiet country road along the northwest shore of Lake George. Most people who summer in Heart Bay have been coming for generations. Our property provides an excellent place for a romantic stay or a relaxing retreat, but it is especially good for families and children. All of our rentals are separate, fully furnished cottages or houses.
- Smoking: All accommodations are Smoke Free.
- Pets: Though we love animals, we do not allow pets.
- Booking Security Deposits and Payment: Heart Bay Lodges requires a security deposit of $500.00 in advance to book and hold a reservation. The balance is due, in check or cash, upon arrival.
- Contracts: A signed contract will be mailed to you and must be returned with your deposit.
- Security Deposit/Cleaning Fees: If the lodge is left in good condition, the amount will be fully refunded. Additional cleaning fees may be subtracted from your security deposit if additional time is required to clean. Please let us know if anything isn’t working or gets broken during your stay, so we can make your visit as comfortable as possible.
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit is nonrefundable unless facility can be re-rented for the entire length of the reservation.
- Occupancy: Each rental has a maximum occupancy. An extra person fee will be charged $50 per night. Additional guests must be approved prior to arrival.
- Check In time: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. depending on which lodge you rent. Check Out time: 10:00 a.m. sharp! We appreciate your understanding as this allows us to clean the lodge prior to next arrival.
- Late checkouts without approval are subject to additional fees.
- Rental Minimums: During the summer rental season, we rent by the week only. However, 3 night stays are sometimes available. Please contact us at 518-585-7654.
- Rates: Prices vary according to season and length of stay. Please check our website for prices. If you are interested in a long-term rental, please contact us to discuss rates and terms.
- Move in Days: Most of our lodges rent from Saturday to Saturday—but please note the day your lodge rental opens, as a few of our lodges rent from Friday to Friday.
- Amenities: All lodges have fully furnished kitchens, linens, towels, TV, WIFI & telephones. Cell service is not reliable as we are between mountains. Please note: While most of our lodges have dishwashers and washer/dryers, some of our older, less expensive cottages do not provide these amenities.
- Charcoal grills are provided for each lodge.
- Dock Space is provided free of charge.
- Lodges have fire pits for summer campfires. Some lodges have fireplaces or wood stoves. If you are not familiar with how to safely use a wood stove or fireplace, please speak with us before using.
- Please note that all water sports such as swimming and boating, incur some risks. Heart Bay Lodges is not responsible for injuries or deaths resulting from a person’s choice to engage in them.
- Should you have any other needs or considerations/concerns, please let us know. We want your stay to be pleasant, stress free and fun!
Please contact Sue Cook Hill for any questions or concerns.